Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display glitches when playing videogames-flashing green bars

I'm on a 2020 Macbook Pro 13" with 1tb storage and intel iris plus graphics. Every so often, when gaming (The Elder Scrolls Online), I've been seeing green bars flash on the screen, usually toward the bottom and not in a straight line. They disappear quickly, but happen often enough to be concerning. I tried a previous fix, by turning off auto-adjust brightness and true tone. This only seems to have changed the color of the bars from green to magenta/orange. I ran Apple Diagnostics to check if there was anything wrong with the hardware, and it came back clear. This seems to only be an issue with gaming and not video playback, as I can stream movies/tv without this issue. Attached is a video of the glitch happening (pre-turning off auto adjust and true tone). https://youtu.be/Ty0YeqaYDgo

MacBook

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 6:23 PM

I suspect the game is not compatible with the Intel GPU on your laptop. The Intel GPU is not a great GPU for gaming (especially a game as graphic intensive as Elder Scrolls). Check the game's "Recommended System Requirements". Does your laptop's GPU meet or exceed the "Recommended" requirements?

If the game supports the Intel GPU on your laptop, then make sure all other apps are completely closed when running the game to allow the game to use all of the laptop's resources. You want to quit any items launched automatically on login to your user account as well in order to free up the memory & CPU.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 6:23 PM in response to Estella ZD

I suspect the game is not compatible with the Intel GPU on your laptop. The Intel GPU is not a great GPU for gaming (especially a game as graphic intensive as Elder Scrolls). Check the game's "Recommended System Requirements". Does your laptop's GPU meet or exceed the "Recommended" requirements?

If the game supports the Intel GPU on your laptop, then make sure all other apps are completely closed when running the game to allow the game to use all of the laptop's resources. You want to quit any items launched automatically on login to your user account as well in order to free up the memory & CPU.

display glitches when playing videogames-flashing green bars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.