Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Pro 2021 display flickering

Hello! I got my mac book pro 16 2021 a week ago and since that I have noticed that the display is flickering at the top of the screen, in the area around the notch. The flickering is rather slight but nevertheless perceptible. It is like the screen starts refreshing at slow rate. See the video.

Here is what I have noticed also:

• if I change the refreshing rate from pro motion to 60 hz, the flickering stops
  • it happens if the picture on the screen if not changing. It stops once I move the mouse and never starts, for example, if there is a playing video.
  • the most mysterious part is that it somehow disappears completely at 8-9 p.m. :)

I could not google a similar problem.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 9:06 AM

uasek wrote:

• Hello! I got my mac book pro 16 2021 a week ago and since that I have noticed that the display is flickering at the top of the screen, in the area around the notch. The flickering is rather slight but nevertheless perceptible. It is like the screen starts refreshing at slow rate. See the video.

if I change the refreshing rate from pro motion to 60 hz, the flickering stops
• it happens if the picture on the screen if not changing. It stops once I move the mouse and never starts, for example, if there is a playing video.
• the most mysterious part is that it somehow disappears completely at 8-9 p.m. :)

The best you can do if you have an issue— equivalent Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal.

I would advise try SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262 to sort anomalies.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 9:06 AM in response to uasek

uasek wrote:

• Hello! I got my mac book pro 16 2021 a week ago and since that I have noticed that the display is flickering at the top of the screen, in the area around the notch. The flickering is rather slight but nevertheless perceptible. It is like the screen starts refreshing at slow rate. See the video.

if I change the refreshing rate from pro motion to 60 hz, the flickering stops

The best you can do if you have an issue— equivalent Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal.

I would advise try SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262 to sort anomalies.

Mac Book Pro 2021 display flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.