Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Widgetsmith app not working

i got an app called widget smith in my phone and every time i click on it, it kicks me out

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 6:41 PM

I'm going to straight up assume that you're from tiktok. This is apple support communities, We don't deal with individual Apps issues that don't have direct connections with Apple software services such as iCloud, etc.

Note: this is a volunteer run community. You are not in direct contact with Apple.

You could try restarting your phone Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

But your best bet at fixing this would be to contact the App developer him/herself.

Anyone else that has a solution, feel free to speak here.

121 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 6:41 PM in response to camryn236

I'm going to straight up assume that you're from tiktok. This is apple support communities, We don't deal with individual Apps issues that don't have direct connections with Apple software services such as iCloud, etc.

Note: this is a volunteer run community. You are not in direct contact with Apple.

You could try restarting your phone Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

But your best bet at fixing this would be to contact the App developer him/herself.

Anyone else that has a solution, feel free to speak here.

Oct 6, 2020 10:33 AM in response to la-teah

The post makes no sense. Unless it meant the public BETA update. To check for that go to Settings/General and scroll to the bottom. Look just below VPN. If you have an entry for Profiles tap on it, then tap on the beta profile and delete it. Then restore your phone with iTunes—>Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support and restore your backup.

If there is no Profiles entry you don’t have any beta versions.

Sep 21, 2020 10:35 AM in response to kiersten161

Hold on your device until the edit thing come up

Then click on the Widget, flipping it to show this:

Then click on whatever pops up for you, then it should show something similar to this:

When you get to this, you’re basically done, just click on which one you want from Widgetsmith. I clicked Large #1, then the gray widget for you should show the picture

Sep 21, 2020 10:52 AM in response to kiersten161

Hold on your device until the edit thing come up

Then click on the Widget, flipping it to show this:

Then click on whatever pops up for you, then it should show something similar to this:

When you get to this, you’re basically done, just click on which one you want from Widgetsmith. I clicked Large #1, then the gray widget for you should show the picture

I know I posted this before, but it’s my first time and I posted it on the wrong one.

Sep 23, 2020 9:06 PM in response to camryn236

Same with Color Widget, which I’m definitely thinking is a bug because I added a background picture to my Color Widget instead of having one of the default options (picture should be added). My mom doesn’t have a background picture for hers and the time seems to update perfectly fine, but whenever I notice the time is off on my widget, I have to manually go into the app and save the widget again to update the time. Kinda annoying :/

Sep 24, 2020 4:31 AM in response to camryn236

Building up on Jlintriestohelp's answer, what also worked for me was to delete the Widgetsmith widget and add it back again based on the steps laid out here.

It's also worth noting that the widget should be created in the Widgetsmith app first before you add it into your homescreen, otherwise for some reason it doesn't work. :(

Hopefully that helps. Let me know if it still doesn't work and I will try my best to help. Thanks!

Sep 20, 2020 2:00 PM in response to camryn236

Hello! We see your having some problems. The widget smith app Is a very limited app. If the app does not open try to delete it by going to Swipe to the right on your device's Lock or Home screen > tap Edit at the bottom of the screen > find the widget that you want to remove. Instead of a '+' icon, you will now see a red '-' icon. Tap that icon to remove the widget and then tap Done.Jun 29, 2016

Sep 20, 2020 4:02 PM in response to mvdstg

mvdstg wrote:

But it is on your product causing other people’s phones to not work and crash. instead of assuming people are coming here from tiktok might actually be coming here because there is no support contact for widget smith and need help(:

The app developer has to create apps that are working with Apple devices, Apple is not responsible for any app that decides to fail. The developer of the app is Cross Forward Consulting, LLC and they can be contacted at - http://www.crossforward.com/contact-us/. Like I said, feel free to comment here. There's just no experts on this topic in the community.

Sep 20, 2020 8:02 PM in response to camryn236

Hi, I am facing similar issue. I do not know how to fix it, if anyone here has the answers that would be amazing. I am trying to personalize my widgets on iOS14, some of my friends recommended me to use Widget smith but when I try to pull up the app, just does not show the app, it seems like the app just stop running. I tried restarting my iPhone, then uninstalling the app, restarting and then installing it once again, but it does not work either.

If someone is able to help me that would be great!

FYI I am not English Native Speaker if I have mistakes with my grammar my apologies I am just trying to get some help we do not have a lot of support from Apple to Latin America Countries.

Widgetsmith app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.