Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In-app purchase is not supported. Machine licensed app does not support in-app purchase

After installing iOS14 I started getting this message when attempting to purchase inside a game. Can anyone help with that? I already set up the privacy and restrictions and still getting the message.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 4:42 PM

If you can make purchased in other apps and it's just this one app, it's most likely an issue with the App, not your phone or phone.

After you installed iOS 14, did you do a forced restart? Give that a try, but if the issue persists with the app, contact the App Developer.

On iPhone 7, press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go. See if you can make the in-app purchase after you get back in.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 4:42 PM in response to EduHasegawa

If you can make purchased in other apps and it's just this one app, it's most likely an issue with the App, not your phone or phone.

After you installed iOS 14, did you do a forced restart? Give that a try, but if the issue persists with the app, contact the App Developer.

On iPhone 7, press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go. See if you can make the in-app purchase after you get back in.

Sep 26, 2020 8:50 AM in response to lobsterghost1

For some reason forced restart doesn’t work anymore on 7Plus after iOS14.

so I decided to delete and reinstall the game as mentioned in some forums.

to ensure I didn’t lose my progress I saved using GameCenter. As precaution I created a movie showing all my progress in case the app developer request it.

long story short. After reinstalling the app the in-app purchase became available.

thank you all who replied.

In-app purchase is not supported. Machine licensed app does not support in-app purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.