Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying popup constantly asks for podcast signin

This is driving me up a wall- it interrupts everything I am doing incessantly. No new software or apps; started after I updated Catalina to 10.15.6 and updated safari. It also was asking constantly for icloud sign-in; that finally stopped a bit after I changed my password and signed out & in, but this is continuing and much worse.

I have seen complaints about this but the offer no real help. This is a serious issue that makes the laptop unusable for anything requiring any concentration. It should not be happening. Please, how do I stop this? ASAP?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 7:34 AM

It wants me to sign into podcasts. Which I don't even use, & I have already turned off sync in there.

"Sign into podcasts," "Podcast Bookkeeper Sync"

I can sign in and two minutes later it interrupts me to ask me to do it again. With a window that stays

on top of whatever I am doing, & recurs 1 second after I click the cancel if I do that.

It's really ******* me off.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 7:34 AM in response to DiZoE

It wants me to sign into podcasts. Which I don't even use, & I have already turned off sync in there.

"Sign into podcasts," "Podcast Bookkeeper Sync"

I can sign in and two minutes later it interrupts me to ask me to do it again. With a window that stays

on top of whatever I am doing, & recurs 1 second after I click the cancel if I do that.

It's really ******* me off.

Sep 20, 2020 10:06 PM in response to Clare in Chi

Hey again! I’ve been there.

Since it happened with iCloud, until you changed your password, and now Podcast, even still after entering your new password, I’d say it’s probably a conflict with your local and iCloud Keychain, (Most likely).

If you know all of your account passwords, and/or, have them stored in iCloud on another device and/or have a Time Machine backup, I’d say resetting the local keychain will probably fix it,

So if you do have a copy of your passwords:

Open Finder, select “Go” on the top menu, hold “Option” on your keyboard, (Only then you will see “Library” under the Go menu.

Select “Library”, then open the “Keychains” folder.

Select All by pressing Command A.

To de activate the current keychain, while saving a local copy, while all is selected, on the top menu select “File” then “New Folder (With Selection)”, press “Enter on the keyboard after entering your Admin password if asked.

Restart your Mac.

Note that you will be prompted to re enter all of your account passwords again, (Only one time, that’s it), after that, it should work okay.

In my experience, if using iCloud Keychain on other devices, the passwords should once again sync, if not for whatever reason, you should only need to enter them once to save and not again.

Anyhow hope that helps!

Annoying popup constantly asks for podcast signin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.