Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my daughter face opens my Face Id

I set up Face ID on my 11pro and it works great, my problem is that my daughters face also Unlocks my phone - thought this Face ID is meant to be secure. Any suggestions?

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 8:14 AM

Set it up again.

It is possible that over time your phone has "learned" your daughters face if she first attempts to unlock it with face ID then you unlock it with the passcode.

If you delete your faceID and set it up again I think she will not be able to use your face ID anymore.

Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2020 8:14 AM in response to jayneen

Set it up again.

It is possible that over time your phone has "learned" your daughters face if she first attempts to unlock it with face ID then you unlock it with the passcode.

If you delete your faceID and set it up again I think she will not be able to use your face ID anymore.

Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Good luck!

Sep 21, 2020 3:43 PM in response to Androish

Thanks, I’ll give that a try, she doesn’t have access to my phone, I left it at her place and she returned it to me, she said she thought that she had opened it but didn’t know how she done it, then it face recognised her, I’m 54 and she’s 33, we get told we look alike - I didn’t think the resemblance was that striking tho!

my daughter face opens my Face Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.