Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up photos and restoring them?

I recently updated my Iphone to the latest software, then the screen turned into a cord that said restore phone. I restored the phone and now I have missing photos; someone please help me find all my great memories again! also what is the point of restoring your phone when the old photos are not restored, my iCloud was also full from the boxed storage, I also clicked an old restore date time of last year is that why my phone did not update?? So confused!!

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 3:35 PM

So what it was, is when I upgraded to iOS 14 I didn't have enough storage on my iPhone 7+, so it automatically deleted photos and contacts that I saved along with the messages. So when I backed it up apple showed me the backup from 2019 with an older version of the software in which I clicked yes, but even then I had my photos missing and contacts from 2020, so I downloaded this software to retrieve old photos and contacts and it worked, but it was to much work to go retrieve all the old photos that were deleted, so then I bought more iCloud storage, luckily my Macbook had all the photos and text messages, so then I youtubed how to make everything appear back on my iPhone from my Mac (Which had all my contacts and photos), and reset the phone holding the power and down button and apple instantly asked me to transfer everything from my Mac to my iPhone which worked well. Moral of the story use iCloud to to back up all your stuff!!!!!!!! even if it costs or you could loose all your money on stupid software and time by going in and finding all of them, so in the end the software was not useful when I had all my photos and contacts on my Mac.

Thank you,

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 3:35 PM in response to léonie

So what it was, is when I upgraded to iOS 14 I didn't have enough storage on my iPhone 7+, so it automatically deleted photos and contacts that I saved along with the messages. So when I backed it up apple showed me the backup from 2019 with an older version of the software in which I clicked yes, but even then I had my photos missing and contacts from 2020, so I downloaded this software to retrieve old photos and contacts and it worked, but it was to much work to go retrieve all the old photos that were deleted, so then I bought more iCloud storage, luckily my Macbook had all the photos and text messages, so then I youtubed how to make everything appear back on my iPhone from my Mac (Which had all my contacts and photos), and reset the phone holding the power and down button and apple instantly asked me to transfer everything from my Mac to my iPhone which worked well. Moral of the story use iCloud to to back up all your stuff!!!!!!!! even if it costs or you could loose all your money on stupid software and time by going in and finding all of them, so in the end the software was not useful when I had all my photos and contacts on my Mac.

Thank you,

Sep 20, 2020 10:48 PM in response to salaguirres

What kind of backup did you use to restore the iPhone from?

An iCloud backup does not not include your photos, if you have been using iCloud Photos - it relies on your photos being saved in iCloud Photos. If and if your iCloud storage is full, iCloud is stopping to work correctly, until you are freeing enough storage.

Do you have a more current backup on a computer? See: How to back up an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch be able to Recover Accidentally, Permanently Deleted Photos - Apple Community

Backing up photos and restoring them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.