Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After the upgrade at iOS 14 all my notes in iCloud are missing.

After having upgraded my iPhone 11 at iOS 14, I found that all my notes have been canceld form iCloud.

When I reopen the Note app after the upgrade from my iPhone, for a moment I saw all my 67 notes, but immediatly after all the notes have been deleted.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 1:39 PM

You can try -- Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support.

24 replies

Sep 25, 2020 9:01 PM in response to DaviLo73

I had the same problem and called Apple support. They told me I had to wipe my phone then restore it from its backup. I've done this before and have had issues bigger than just losing my notes. So after some more thought, I figured it out. I signed out of iCloud on my iPhone then signed back in. Note that you're not signing out of iCloud in your Mac or online. You have to sign out of your phone. There are a few things you'll lose, like your payments in your Apple wallet, but they're a very small price to pay for getting your Notes back. Try it out and hopefully, you'll get your Notes back.

Oct 12, 2020 11:55 AM in response to DaviLo73

I have the same problem. I thought all my notes were deleted. But when I checked iCloud it shows about 1m data in Notes. Since my notes are mostly text, it should be right. So good news our notes still existing in iCloud but somehow it won't sync to iOS14 devices. (Latest check, it won't sync to my old ipad either.) I believe the only solution is to wait until Apple fixs this during the next update.

Oct 23, 2020 9:49 PM in response to DaviLo73

Broken here with 14.1 too.

Notes simply shows nothing, no folders or anything. Even adding a new note doesn't work; As soon as the note is closed, it still doesn't show up anywhere. (Even on my other devices.)

I tried killing the app, restarting the phone, turning off Notes in the phone's iCloud settings (which immediately appears to turn itself back on), and even tried deleting the app entirely and downloading again from the App Store... none of that worked.

Nov 2, 2020 8:20 PM in response to DaviLo73

The same thing just happened to me. My iPhone 8 updated last night to 14.1 and this morning I’m missing an iCloud notes folder filled with hours and hours worth of important note taking, some of which I need for work this week. Talked to the fine folks at Apple. Erase everything and maybe it will come back they say. No thanks!! Strangely, I had 2 iCloud folders in there and only one, the one I always use, disappeared. Notes is also acting weird, closing and freezing up often. Help!

Nov 3, 2020 5:02 AM in response to Elk1991

and what’s ******* me off that I was 3x on the phone with apple help and they acting like “ really? we don’t know anything abut it ,we will bring up this issue to our team ” I say: really ? You are not aware that so many peoples notes were wiped out by your bugged update. Really ???maybe legal help will make apple take action and fix the issue . I can’t even backup cuz at the time of the horrible update my iCloud were full now since majority of notes are wiped out iCloud shows nearly empty but when I want to backup telling me to Buy more space cuz my iCloud is FULL!!! Sure cuz my notes are hanging like a ghost somewhere and dear geniuses are unable to get them from somewhere their update kicked them out . Mars perhaps ! Look there maybe aliens took them .

After the upgrade at iOS 14 all my notes in iCloud are missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.