You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness tracking and health app problems

Since the last update I have been having problems with my fitness tracking app and the health app. The fitness app is not lighting all the stand bars although it is recording them, it’s also not recording tracked exercise and not syncing with My Fitness Pal to adjust my calories. The health app isn’t recording the exercise either, or flights climbed. Neither of the apps seem to be in sync with my Apple Watch. Any solutions?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 5:16 AM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2020 10:11 AM in response to m_m_maxwell

Hey there m_m_maxwell,

Based on your post it sounds like you're having issue with your health data being recorded and updated as expected. Is that correct? We're more than happy to help advise.

Please make sure you're running the most recent versions of both iOS and watchOS on both devices. We recently released iOS 14.0.1 and watchOS 7.0.1. Once updated you can also make sure your Apple Watch is calibrated to help improve workout and activity accuracy. Take a look at the resources below.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

If you continue to run into complications, you can reach out to Apple Support directly.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Sep 29, 2020 11:54 AM in response to sterling r

I'm having similar and very annoying issues with the (lack of) syncing of Fitness/Activity and Health between my Watch and my Phone.

These are (some of) the issues:

- When I use my Watch without the Phone nearby (at the gym), not all of my workouts are synced to the Fitness app on the phone. It seems my last Outdoor Walk never gets synced.

- The steps I take when using only the Watch get synced to the Phone Fitness app (even though one of the workouts doesn't register) - BUT the step count (and sometimes the Active Energy calorie count) doesn't sync to the Health app.

- A few times the Elliptical and Strength Training workouts are registered in the Fitness app (on Watch and Phone), but not in the Health app data

I had been working flawlessly for years, but when I recently tried the iOS 14 beta everything started to go bad.

I fixed it temporarily when I also installed the watchOS 7 beta, but the problems returned(?) when I installed the official iOS14/watchOS7 versions on the Phone and Watch. Strange.

I have tried rebooting, un-pairing/re-pairing and countless tweaks to the Data Sources and their priority.

Oct 1, 2020 11:48 PM in response to HolyDuck

So, apparently this is now so much of a thing that Apple addresses it - suggesting we first try un-pair/re-pair and then, if that doesn't work, complete factory reset (and restore from backup).

https://www.phonearena.com/news/apple-suggests-wiping-your-iphone-and-apple-watch-if-you-have-these-problems_id127525

I had hoped it wouldn't come to this, but will be trying it this weekend, I guess...

Fitness tracking and health app problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.