Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

resetting advertising identifer in ios 14?

How to reset advertising identifier in iOS 14?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 1:59 PM

Nope, sorry not what I asked about. What I am asking about is since iios14 u no longer have the ability to reset advertising identifier. B4 updating to ios14 I could always go to privacy-advertising-reset advertising identifier. Unfortunately it seems With this update u no longer can do this. Instead if u go to privacy - there is now only Apple advertising and that does not offer you the ability to reset ur advertising identifier. Was hoping it was located somewhere else. Tho is looking like Apple is no longer allowing us to do this. Which is so disappointing bc thought Apple was different.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 1:59 PM in response to sterling r

Nope, sorry not what I asked about. What I am asking about is since iios14 u no longer have the ability to reset advertising identifier. B4 updating to ios14 I could always go to privacy-advertising-reset advertising identifier. Unfortunately it seems With this update u no longer can do this. Instead if u go to privacy - there is now only Apple advertising and that does not offer you the ability to reset ur advertising identifier. Was hoping it was located somewhere else. Tho is looking like Apple is no longer allowing us to do this. Which is so disappointing bc thought Apple was different.

Nov 9, 2020 6:13 AM in response to Sunny.Daze

@Sunny Daze. Totally agree that this is a pain. So you can either select personalised ad option (whatever they may be) or turn this off and accept any ads. Whatever you do you get inundated with the same ads which you can now no longer reset so that you at least see something different! I am being plagued with an expansive advert for handbags (sometimes several times in the same article I am trying to read) - there are limited possibilities as to how many handbags a man needs!!

would suggest completing a feedbag form to Apple and as there is no iOS selection we will have to use iPad OS and/or iPhone OS. I have done this using “other” as the topic.

“ It would appear that the option to reset the advertising identifier in iOS 14.2 has been removed. Whilst appreciating the need for advertising = revenue this omission is a nuisance. Although selecting personalise adds is a possibility this still results in being continuously bombarded with the same supposedly personalised ads. With this turned off and not being able to reset the identifier it has the same effect but supposedly not personalised. Every time I read search articles I keep receiving the same handbag advert - there is a limit to the number of handbags a man needs!! Hence identifier re-set needed ASAP.”

It would seem that these days Apple moves in a mysterious way its wonders to perform - unfortunately.

resetting advertising identifer in ios 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.