Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri fetches wrong radio station every time

Since IOS 14 when i ask Siri "Play Times Radio" (a UK speech station), it always comes back by playing Times FM a non English station. This occurs on both my iPhone and iPad. Prior to IOS 14, I had no problem. Also, have another older device which won't update to IOS 14 and this fetches Times Radio every time.

Have reported this to Apple but without any help.

Could anyone try it please and see if it works for you?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 5:46 AM

5 replies

Sep 26, 2020 10:40 AM in response to beachboy999

Hey there, beachboy999.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you rely on Siri to play a certain station, but the wrong station is played. We can understand why you’d want to figure this out. 

To start, please make sure your iOS is fully up-to-date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, be sure to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue continues, consider answering the following questions. 

• Can you manually select the desired station?
  • Do this happen with Hey Siri and Siri?
  • Can you specify which Times station to play?

All the best.

Oct 3, 2020 8:29 AM in response to brenden dv

Thanks for the response. Running IOS 14.0.1.

yes I can select it manually

it happens with hey Siri and pressing home buttons.

ask “Play Times Radio” a U.K. based station and always plays Times FM, a non English station.

Very annoying particularly using Car Play as wrong station is played necessitating manual selection and taking eyes off the road.

Oct 30, 2020 3:59 AM in response to beachboy999

Still getting wrong station via Siri. This is particularly annoying using Apple CarPlay as when I ask “Play Times Radio” it always answers “now Playing Times FM” which is a non-U.K. station. As I am driving I don’t want to select it manually by looking at the screen so I give up and ask for another station.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

Siri fetches wrong radio station every time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.