Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuous Hotspot connection

how do I remain connected through hotspot from iPhone 11 to Apple MacBook Pro? Presently connection keeps dropping out after not touching MacBook Pro for a few minutes. This happens on a 2020 model of MacBook Pro.Where earlier models never needed to be asked to continue connection

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 9:08 AM

PedroinEspana wrote:

how do I remain connected through hotspot from iPhone 11 to Apple MacBook Pro? Presently connection keeps dropping out after not touching MacBook Pro for a few minutes. This happens on a 2020 model of MacBook Pro.

Where earlier models never needed to be asked to continue connection

Hmmm... early model(?) same macOS ?

What do you have as your sleep setting—>System Preferences>Energy Saver>

Use sleep and Energy Saver on your Mac - Apple Support

Catalina reference:

If no active process and the mac Sleeps—yes you would need to re-connect to hotspot upon walking from time out, this would be expected as normal.

What does your cell provider say about the service(?) If Hot spot is allowed through the carrier you would expect it to work.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2020 9:08 AM in response to PedroinEspana

PedroinEspana wrote:

how do I remain connected through hotspot from iPhone 11 to Apple MacBook Pro? Presently connection keeps dropping out after not touching MacBook Pro for a few minutes. This happens on a 2020 model of MacBook Pro.

Where earlier models never needed to be asked to continue connection

Hmmm... early model(?) same macOS ?

What do you have as your sleep setting—>System Preferences>Energy Saver>

Use sleep and Energy Saver on your Mac - Apple Support

Catalina reference:

If no active process and the mac Sleeps—yes you would need to re-connect to hotspot upon walking from time out, this would be expected as normal.

What does your cell provider say about the service(?) If Hot spot is allowed through the carrier you would expect it to work.

Continuous Hotspot connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.