Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 14 and Zoom

While projecting the screen of my iPad in a Zoom call this morning, I was repeatedly thrown off the call (I was also the host of the call using a different device). I have done this many times before with no problem, but I upgraded to IPadOS 14 over the weekend. Are there any known incompatibility issues between iPadOS 14 and Zoom?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 9:19 AM

Have you contacted Zoom app developer team? what did they say?:--> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

11 replies

Sep 22, 2020 7:30 AM in response to moors

I have exactly the same problem and as far as i know many ipad users having updated to ipados 14 got this too, as well as being forced to exit the zoom meeting once try to split the screen with ipad multitasking function.

i hv contacted to zoom support team as well, and they suggest the bugs come from the ipados 14( so they say)

Sep 23, 2020 7:31 AM in response to hong14

I have a similar issue. When I'm trying to share my screen during a zoom meeting, the screen freezes when I attempt to change to another app. Sometimes I am forced to quit the meeting. However, my partner, having the same exact model and version of ipad as I do, did not encounter any problem when using Zoom. :( Got no reply from Zoom.

Sep 24, 2020 1:16 PM in response to LPZ

Should have added that my screen-sharing problem only occurs if my iPad joins a meeting using neither computer nor dial-in audio. Which is exactly how I want to join when I want to share my iPad's screen. Had to switch to an iPad running iPadOS 13 in order to continue to teach remotely.

Sharing the iPad's "whiteboard" remains possible, but for me that's at best a crude workaround.

iPadOS 14 and Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.