Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot missing in iOS 14

After upgrading my XR I have lost ALL personal hotspot options - gone...

I called the ISP and they verified its enabled, rebooted, reset network settings - nothing!

Any ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 3:19 AM

I’ve got the same issue. I originally updated to iOS 14 and had the problem. Then I downgraded to iOS 13.7 to get it working again. When 14.0.1 got released I contacted apple before updating and they mentioned this issue was fixed in 14.0.1.

I can report it is not. I’m waiting on apple support for a fix.

25 replies

Jan 3, 2021 5:14 PM in response to itsjaydouglas

Set up

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > About.
  2. Tap Name to change the name of your iPhone's personal hotspot.
  3. Tap About > General > Settings to return to the main list of settings.
  4. Tap Personal Hotspot. If you don't see Personal Hotspot, tap Cellular and you will see it.
  5. Tap the toggle switch to turn on Allow Others to Join.
  6. Tap Wi-Fi Password to change the Wi-Fi Password.
  7. The following functions are not available:
    • Creating an Allowed Devices list.
    • Changing the security type.
    • Changing the maximum number of connections (5)

Turn on / off

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap Personal Hotspot. If you don't see Personal Hotspot, tap Cellular and you will see it.
  3. Tap the Allow Others to Join switch ON or OFF.
  4. Remain on this screen while you connect other devices to the Personal Hotspot.

Oct 28, 2020 12:56 PM in response to itsjaydouglas

Hi, I had the same problem, also by using below instructions you can correct and active it:

go Cellular > Cellular Data Network> Find “Personal HOTSPOT” down of the page> Tap on “APN” > Type the name of your ISP name > Tap on “Cellular” in top of the page at left.

Congratulations, the issue has been fixed now! and HOTSPOT menu has been created.

Sep 27, 2020 7:00 PM in response to SH42

OMG I just found a solution on my iPhone 11 on Australia's Telstra network. For anyone else with the issue:

After spending days on support to both Telstra and Apple, i tried the below:

-Removing/Replacing SIM card.

-Trying another Telstra SIM/Service of a friend in the same phone.

-A full recovery mode wipe of the phone to factory defaults.

-Network setting resets.

-APN UN and PW entry and subsequent reset to defaults APN only of telstra.internet which is the same on my friends phone which works on iOS 14.0.1.

-Trying the SIM card in my old iPhone 6 (where the hotspot works).

None of these worked.

Then I looked at the APN setting of my iPhone 6, just for the sake and I spotted it was set to use telstra.wap.

If I set it to telstra.internet the hotspot worked still.

Back on my iPhone 11, if it set its APN to telstra.wap it also works!!!!! YAYAYAYAY!!!!

Note that if it resets back to telstra.internet again it doesn't work, so its something I may need to keep an eye on going forward....

Sep 29, 2020 4:41 PM in response to itsjaydouglas

I have tried all of the option listed, restored the phone, network reset, sim card, called Telstra etc etc. I have even tried my sim card in another i phone 11 pro with IOS 14.01 and nothing has fixed hotspot, I also can not send or receive any MMS messages even with MMS on and roaming on..... Any other ideas on how to fix this problem... it is a major issue.

Oct 2, 2020 5:12 AM in response to itsjaydouglas

Had the same issue on the public release of IOS 14. Reset (network settings, complete factory reset), removing VPN, removing sim card etc did not help. I'm with Visible on Verizon Network with an iPhone SE 2020 (2nd gen).

Only solution was to connect the iPhone to Itunes (on Windows 10 in my case). Once I connected a message "carrier settings updated" appeared on my iTunes on Windows. And then the hotspot setting was available again and is working now! Very odd

Personal hotspot missing in iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.