Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email showing someone unknown to me used my apple account to pay for a 99$ game. The link in the email didn't open to let me say I didn't authorize the purchase

I received an email receipt from Apple showing someone unknown to me made a purchase using my apple account. The link to dispute the purchase in the email didn't launch the page.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 3:08 PM

If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If the email was a scam as indicated above and if you used a link in the email and entered your password to sign in, your Apple ID is compromised. Change your password immediately. See: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Also see: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2020 3:08 PM in response to jmpgam

If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If the email was a scam as indicated above and if you used a link in the email and entered your password to sign in, your Apple ID is compromised. Change your password immediately. See: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Also see: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

I received an email showing someone unknown to me used my apple account to pay for a 99$ game. The link in the email didn't open to let me say I didn't authorize the purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.