Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a scam email saying I purchased a game in the App Store

is There a new scam going on with Apple? Says a game was purchased from my account, but the email wasn’t from the official Apple email. So I’m afraid to try to see what it is without my account getting hacked

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 8:57 AM

Hello. This looks to be a phishing email and is not from Apple. Do not click any of the links in the email or attached PDF and do not enter any of your personal information or Apple ID details if you accidentally clicked any of the links in the email. The goal of this email is likely to steal your Apple ID credentials or personal information.

If you want to report this email, you can do so by forwarding it to the email detailed in the Apple document here. I would also suggest reading that page for tips on how to keep your account and devices secure and avoid falling for phishing scams such as the one you shared.

If you want to check your Apple purchase history to ensure that this purchase was not actually made, you can do so by following the steps here.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 8:57 AM in response to moreheadstateeagles

Hello. This looks to be a phishing email and is not from Apple. Do not click any of the links in the email or attached PDF and do not enter any of your personal information or Apple ID details if you accidentally clicked any of the links in the email. The goal of this email is likely to steal your Apple ID credentials or personal information.

If you want to report this email, you can do so by forwarding it to the email detailed in the Apple document here. I would also suggest reading that page for tips on how to keep your account and devices secure and avoid falling for phishing scams such as the one you shared.

If you want to check your Apple purchase history to ensure that this purchase was not actually made, you can do so by following the steps here.

Got a scam email saying I purchased a game in the App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.