Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting TV Provider "Sign In Error" for AT&T TV login

I can't get the single "TV Provider" sign in to work for AT&T TV. I have verified that I have the correct password and login by successfully signing directly into the web site browser version of AT&T TV.

But each time I try to connect my AT&T TV account via the iOS or Apple TV settings for "TV Provider", it says "Verifying" for about a minute and then eventually gives me a pop up that says "Sign In Error". There's definitely some back end screwy stuff happening, because if I put in a wrong password on purpose, it immediately says "Sign In Error: That user ID and password don't match." But if I put in the correct credentials, it will hang on "Verifying" for a long time and eventually time out with the message "Sign In Error".

Would love to use the single sign on feature. And have had success in the past. But currently it doesn't seem to work with AT&T TV.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 9:08 PM

Similar questions

17 replies

Sep 28, 2020 6:59 AM in response to Benjamin Epps1

Hello, Benjamin Epps1!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with signing into your TV provider on your iPad. First, check out this article to Sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and be sure you're following the proper steps to get signed in.

If you continue to have an issue, we recommend checking out this article with steps for How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and quit the apps running in the background. Once they're closed, Restart your iPad and test to see if the issues are still going on.

Also, check out this article to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and be sure you're running the latest software version available for the iPad.

Let us know the results and have a wonderful day!

Oct 29, 2020 7:06 PM in response to Benjamin Epps1

Same problem as everyone else here. Tonight I went to watch an episode of Fargo on FX NOW on my ATV 4K (which uses my AT&T NOW subscription), but FX was logged out. Tried to log back in, but got the long “Signing In” followed by “Sign In Error”. I can log into the AT&T NOW app just fine on the ATV 4K, and everything works normally on my iPhone.

On the ATV I've tried logging out/back in with my TV provider in settings (get same error), deleting and re-installing the FX NOW app, and restarting the ATV. No joy on anything.

Feb 6, 2021 6:00 PM in response to Benjamin Epps1

Dunno if you're having the same exact issue I am, but I run into an error when trying to sign in through my phone. Specifically, when I allow an app access to the TV provider that is already signed into my phone through my phone settings. That seems to be where the issue is.

Instead, when the app asks for access to your provider in your phone, deny it access, and it should then bring up a sign-in window within the app itself. And i've not had an issue yet signing in this way.

Hope this helps.

Mar 9, 2021 11:50 AM in response to Cyn243

I am also having the same issue. I have a 4k Apple TV and am trying to sign in with my Optimum TV Provider information (in both settings and specifically in different apps). Each time, I receive the same error "Sign in Error" saying that my username and password are incorrect. I even changed my password, and am still getting the same response. It works perfectly on my phone, laptop, and iPad, but not on my Apple TV. Messaged Apple Support on Twitter and am waiting for a response. It worked just a few weeks ago? Please advise.

Getting TV Provider "Sign In Error" for AT&T TV login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.