Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacAirOS Catalina, Preview not saving PDF changes in added blanket pages

Since some days, I have lost a lot of work done on my PDF documents opened with Preview. When I insert a blank page to a PDF document in Preview and save & close the file and then re-open it, the changes are not saved. How could I fixe it ?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 9:38 AM

Hey there lys-milena,

We understand when you insert a blank page into a PDF with the Preview app, those changes aren't being saved. We'll be happy to help.

To begin, take a few moments to double-check the steps outlined here: Add, delete, or move PDF pages in Preview on Mac

This explains how you can modify PDF pages with Preview.

Afterwards, let's try duplicating the PDF and saving a copy of it somewhere else or with a new name to see if the same thing happens.

Let's also try testing with different PDF pages to ensure it's not just an issue with one.

If the same thing happens, we'd like to get you in touch with the Apple experts using this link: Get Support

Let us know if we can help with anything else. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2020 9:38 AM in response to lys-milena

Hey there lys-milena,

We understand when you insert a blank page into a PDF with the Preview app, those changes aren't being saved. We'll be happy to help.

To begin, take a few moments to double-check the steps outlined here: Add, delete, or move PDF pages in Preview on Mac

This explains how you can modify PDF pages with Preview.

Afterwards, let's try duplicating the PDF and saving a copy of it somewhere else or with a new name to see if the same thing happens.

Let's also try testing with different PDF pages to ensure it's not just an issue with one.

If the same thing happens, we'd like to get you in touch with the Apple experts using this link: Get Support

Let us know if we can help with anything else. Cheers!

MacAirOS Catalina, Preview not saving PDF changes in added blanket pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.