Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrap text in cell does not work

I try to wrap text in cell. I follow Apple guidelines:

https://support.apple.com/guide/numbers/wrap-text-to-fit-in-a-cell-tan772215ed9/mac

It works well in a new document but it does not work in some existing documents. The text is hidden if it does not fit and the cell does not expand when I write more.

There must be something else activated and I cannot figure out what it is? How to wrap text in cell if I already have that option selected?

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 5:18 AM

If you have made any manual changes to the row size in the past, it sets the row height and it will no longer expand to fit the content. In the sidebar on the right, in the Table tab, at the bottom are the settings for row and column sizes for the rows that are currently selected. Select the cell or row that is problemtic and click on "Fit" on the row size and it will automatically expand to fit the content.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 5:18 AM in response to NarcisMG

If you have made any manual changes to the row size in the past, it sets the row height and it will no longer expand to fit the content. In the sidebar on the right, in the Table tab, at the bottom are the settings for row and column sizes for the rows that are currently selected. Select the cell or row that is problemtic and click on "Fit" on the row size and it will automatically expand to fit the content.

Wrap text in cell does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.