Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 5 Battery Drain

Hi,

I updated my series 5 LTE watch to WatchOS7 last wednesday 16th Sept when it was released, however a week later I am still experiencing major battery issues.

From 7AM to 12PM (5 hours) I have lost 60% battery power, and the watch has only been on my wrist whilst I am at work.

I have disabled handwashing and sleep tracking, but it is still draining.

On the previous version of WatchOS6, I would lose around 50% in the 11 hours it is off the charger while I am at work, or I would get near enough a full day with it on my wrist.

Has anybody got any ideas as to what else could be causing this battery drain? I have also disabled background app refresh.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 4:07 AM

3 replies

Sep 28, 2020 10:52 AM in response to watters1996

Hi there, watters1996!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you’re having an issue with the battery life on your Watch since updating the watchOS. First, check out these articles to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and Update your Apple Watch and be sure you're running the latest software versions for both devices.

Next, we suggest checking out this article for Batteries - Maximizing Performance. This article will give you tips you can try to optimize the settings on your Watch to get the best battery life. Once you've made the adjustments, use your Watch normally for 24 hours and see if the battery is performing properly.

Let us know the results and have a super day!

Apple Watch 5 Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.