Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 5 on WatchOS 7.5 fast battery drain

Hi, since the update to 7.5 my watch is experiencing fast battery drain. I have powered off my watch and phone and also un paired my watch, then repaired my watch. From a fully charged state of 100% at 7am my watch is at 63% now at 8:24am I haven't done anything except wear it around the house this morning while I work at my computer. Any idea on what's going on?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 7:24 AM

That sounds a bit extreme...some app or process is clearly burning a lot of extra cycles there.

Try turning Siri off if you are not really using it, does that make any difference?

Then it could be interesting to see which apps were most active on iPhone at that same time, especially if they are syncing frequently with the watch too. There is a lot more battery detail provided for the iPhone, under Settings > Battery.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 7:24 AM in response to Jeffp007

That sounds a bit extreme...some app or process is clearly burning a lot of extra cycles there.

Try turning Siri off if you are not really using it, does that make any difference?

Then it could be interesting to see which apps were most active on iPhone at that same time, especially if they are syncing frequently with the watch too. There is a lot more battery detail provided for the iPhone, under Settings > Battery.

Jul 9, 2021 7:17 AM in response to Jeffp007

Just this week this exact same issue started for my husband (Apple Watch 5, OS 7.5) and for me (Apple Watch 3, OS 7.5). What's weird is we've been on OS 7.5 for awhile now, and this only started this week. But it seems to be getting worse every day. I put my watch on this morning at 6am with 100% battery and it's now 10am and I'm below 50% battery. What in the world is going on?

Apple Watch 5 on WatchOS 7.5 fast battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.