Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Screen

Hi, I seem to have a strange issue with my iPad. When I connect it to iTunes the iPad is recognised, I have done a factory restore but the screen of the iPad remains black. It seems to turn off and on as iTunes disconnects the iPad when I force a reset and shows up in iTunes when I start it again, but I do not see the apple logo when it is starting up and screen remains black. Any and all assistance would be helpful as I do not know if it is a hardware or software issue?

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 6:21 AM

It might be a screen or battery problem.

Try a forced restart of your device:

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad models with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 6:21 AM in response to bacardi_pj

It might be a screen or battery problem.

Try a forced restart of your device:

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad models with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Black Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.