Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 crashes WiFi from Time Capsule

Hi,

Since I upgraded to iOS 14, my iPhone crashes Time Capsule.

When my iPhone is connected to WiFi network of Time Capsule and I do a call (e.g. FaceTime, Whats App, etc), then the WiFi network from Time Capsule stops and all computers and electronic devices connected to Time Capsule get disconnected. Additionally, the SSID of the WiFI network from Time Capsule stops to exist. The only way that Time Capsule works again is by rebooting.

This issue happened after upgrading to iOS 14. There is another iPhone Xs in the same network with iOS 13, but the same issue is not appearing.

Clearly, iOS 14 has a bug that affects WiFi connectivity.

Is there any solution as what can be done for this?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 6:42 AM

10 replies

Sep 23, 2020 5:56 PM in response to Costas123

This is now a major problem on Gen5 Extreme and Gen4 TC which are firmware near identical except for TC having internal hard drive.

I suggested a few things to try over here.. perhaps someone would like to give it a go.. I am old and have old stuff.. nothing that can be upgraded to likes of iOS14.. so old age is sometimes a blessing.. Let me just pickup my walking frame, glasses and turn up the hearing aids.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251827750?answerId=253511928022#253511928022

iOS 14 crashes WiFi from Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.