Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport time capsule 3t wifi network crashes when placing a whatsapp call

Since I have updated my iphone (XS max) to IOS 14, my Airport time capsule (4th generation version 7.8.1) wifi network crashes when I place a whatsapp call and I have to restar the device to work again but it just happens with whatsapp call (when the call is more than 30 seconds), I tried other call with other apps like facetime, skype, viber, telegram, messenger and others and works fine.

And also tried with other iphone (8 plus) (placing a whatsapp call in the same wifi network) and have the same issue.

I know it is wird but Have you ever experienced something like this?.

Could it be a security problem that the airport timecapsule detects and then crash?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 3:51 PM

There is a bug in the iOS14.. and a patch was released.. so make sure you are running 14.0.1 version.

Apple's testing of their OS releases leaves much to be desired.

Long thread here.. start from the end and work back because the issue was finally sorted by Apple patching their mistake. The bug only affects the Gen5 AE and Gen4 TC which are identical wireless configuration.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251827750

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 3:51 PM in response to CristiamMamani

There is a bug in the iOS14.. and a patch was released.. so make sure you are running 14.0.1 version.

Apple's testing of their OS releases leaves much to be desired.

Long thread here.. start from the end and work back because the issue was finally sorted by Apple patching their mistake. The bug only affects the Gen5 AE and Gen4 TC which are identical wireless configuration.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251827750

airport time capsule 3t wifi network crashes when placing a whatsapp call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.