Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different startup screens

Hello!

I am wondering and curious about my macbook when it is starting up. The startup screen have 2 types : grey and black startup loading screen.

The startup loading screen will appear grey if I press the power button once.

The startup loading screen will appear black if I force shut down macbook by press and holding the power button while on the startup screen that appears grey.

Is there any explanation of this? The startup is normal, no errors, only if the mac is starting up with the grey screen, there is minor problems while the mac starting up with the black screen is working fine. I am using Macbook Pro 15 Inch 2016. Thanks! Below are the pictures :

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 9:43 AM

2 replies

Sep 22, 2020 10:42 AM in response to Conan_from_tangerang

Conan_from_tangerang wrote:

Hello!
I am wondering and curious about my macbook when it is starting up. The startup screen have 2 types : grey and black startup loading screen.
The startup loading screen will appear grey if I press the power button once.
The startup loading screen will appear black if I force shut down macbook by press and holding the power button while on the startup screen that appears grey.
Is there any explanation of this? The startup is normal, no errors, only if the mac is starting up with the grey screen, there is minor problems while the mac starting up with the black screen is working fine. I am using Macbook Pro 15 Inch 2016. Thanks! Below are the pictures :
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/f51194a0-9b3f-46ed-8805-f2d89150ef68

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5ec9eb27-c3bd-4405-b192-36bf03da5baa

if you are not having an issue— I would not recommend forcing a shut down.

If you are having an issue then clearly state what that issue is and why you are having to force a shut down.

How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support

Different startup screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.