Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased an IMac abd am supposed to get free Apple tv

How do I get a free Apple TV subscription with my iMac purchased in 2020?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 1:47 PM

Here is the link to getting the free subscription from Apple,

https://offers.appletvapp.apple/

When did you purchase your new iMac? I believe you have to start the subscription within a certain period of time (90 days?) after the purchase. If you’re still having issues try contacting Apple Care.

1-800-275-2273

I hope this helps

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 1:47 PM in response to chickieram

Here is the link to getting the free subscription from Apple,

https://offers.appletvapp.apple/

When did you purchase your new iMac? I believe you have to start the subscription within a certain period of time (90 days?) after the purchase. If you’re still having issues try contacting Apple Care.

1-800-275-2273

I hope this helps

Sep 22, 2020 1:56 PM in response to chickieram

Jeff is correct, you have 90 days to redeem the offer. If you missed that window (sure hope not) you are out of luck. BTW, the AppleCare number he provided is in the USA, if you are located outside the USA please use AppleCare contact Information to find the number in your corner of the planet.

Also, please note the offer is for Apple TV + and not all the content in the Apple TV app or for Apple TV hardware.

Sep 22, 2020 10:25 PM in response to chickieram

That means you missed the window for the free 1 year, however you can still buy Apple TV + (remember it is not Apple TV, it is Apple TV +) . If you don't know the difference between Apple TV and Apple TV + please navigate to www.apple.com/tv . The 90 days is laid out in the Terms and Conditions, if you missed that it is not Apple's fault, they have had that information available coming up on a year. If you buy a new iPad, Apple TV, iPhone or another qualifying product you can get the free 1 year but the opportunity that was available with your Mac has past.

As mentioned, you can still order Apple TV +, it will cost you $4.99 per month to enjoy the content which is really pretty good. Its all original content and had many (I think about 18) Emmy nominations in it's first year.

Purchased an IMac abd am supposed to get free Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.