Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

books on iphone and macbook air not in sync

I have books that I bought in the Books app. for some reason I see them on the phone but not on my macbook air.

iPhone X, 14.0 macOS catalina 10.15.6

Thanks

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 8:50 AM

Greetings, nirmohi!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are not seeing your books purchased on your MacBook Air. Check out this article for the Books User Guide:

"See your books and audiobooks on all your devices in Books on Mac

With iCloud, your books, audiobooks, PDFs, collections, highlights, notes, and bookmarks appear automatically in Books on your Mac and your iOS and iPadOS devices when you’re signed in with the same Apple ID. Then you can easily download books and audiobooks to read or listen to wherever you are.

See books, audiobooks, and PDFs you added to Books

• On your Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud. Next to iCloud Drive (make sure it’s selected), click Options, then select Books.
  • On your iOS or iPadOS device: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud (or Settings > iCloud), turn on iCloud Drive, then turn on Books. Next, go to Settings > Books, then turn on iCloud Drive."

If the issue remains, or you're receiving an error message, please feel free to reach back out.

Have a terrific day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 8:50 AM in response to nirmohi

Greetings, nirmohi!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are not seeing your books purchased on your MacBook Air. Check out this article for the Books User Guide:

"See your books and audiobooks on all your devices in Books on Mac

With iCloud, your books, audiobooks, PDFs, collections, highlights, notes, and bookmarks appear automatically in Books on your Mac and your iOS and iPadOS devices when you’re signed in with the same Apple ID. Then you can easily download books and audiobooks to read or listen to wherever you are.

See books, audiobooks, and PDFs you added to Books

• On your Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud. Next to iCloud Drive (make sure it’s selected), click Options, then select Books.
  • On your iOS or iPadOS device: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud (or Settings > iCloud), turn on iCloud Drive, then turn on Books. Next, go to Settings > Books, then turn on iCloud Drive."

If the issue remains, or you're receiving an error message, please feel free to reach back out.

Have a terrific day!

books on iphone and macbook air not in sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.