Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Search Bar: If I type in anything that starts with "sc" it auto-deletes (I kid you not!)

When I type into the search bar of Safari, it auto-deletes after the first few letters. This is after my Catalina 10.15.6 update and my most recent Safari 14.0 update.

Here's what happens: If I type in anything that starts with "sc" it auto-deletes the first few letter (i.e., if I type "scatter," the "sc" erases itself, and I am left with "after." This happens on my MacMini and my MacBook Pro. Could someone help with this? Someone else brought this up earlier in post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251467695... but still problem persists. Thanks!

Here's what I have determined it is not: It is not a cache problem, not a "clear you browsing history" problem. I reckon it is a Safari 14.0 problem, but I don't know that for sure, just anecdotally based on this problem arising after the new Safari (and new Catalina update) were installed.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 6:20 AM

No solid ideas.

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if it happens there.

If it doesn't, reboot normally and see what happens.

3 replies

Safari Search Bar: If I type in anything that starts with "sc" it auto-deletes (I kid you not!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.