Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long delivery time

Ordered an Imac sept 8. item received by DHL on Monday 21. Estimated time of delivery is Oct 19. Apple has received my payment. My question is why do i have to wait so long to receive what i have paid already and now sitting in a DHL Express facility in Singapore.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 8:06 PM

Your issue are really with DHL. They going through customs, and or COVID-19 screening. So you contact them and wait. I went through similar things with another shipper, tracking tell me going take this longer. Then next thing I know, going be delivered this day.🙄

27 replies

Sep 23, 2020 9:58 PM in response to BORg529

Just trying to unravel what the Apple Hotline agent and DHL agent told me. Cannot make head or tails of it all. Just checked DHL tracking status . Still ON Hold September 24

Monday, September 21, 2020 Location Time

2 Shipment on hold SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 19:30

1 Shipment picked up SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 17:20

Apple site gives the following

Shipped: Delivers 19/10/2020 by Standard Shipping

Apple FAQ states that :Delivery will take 1-3 business days after the order has shipped. All delivery lead times are estimated.:

As a matter of interest and for comparison. During the peak of Covid 19 I ordered an external hard drive from Amazon USA. To my surprise UPS delivered the item in just four days . All i can say is that if Amazon and Ups can deliver in record time, what conclusion can you draw from that.

Amazon and UPS are at the top of their game whilst Apple And DHL lagging way behind.

Sep 24, 2020 9:39 AM in response to mauricefra47

The conclusion you must draw from it is that the Amazon product was in local country inventory, not sitting with a customs hold in a foreign country (e.g. China). There is nothing that Apple nor any shipper can do if there is a China customs hold, whether political or otherwise. Look for the product when you see it at your doorstep.

Sep 24, 2020 7:45 PM in response to mauricefra47

Orders are billed when shipped not only for Apple but for any company. At least you got it ordered instead of being in checkout for the only iMac left. Have your card information entered. Press process order. Message “Cannot complete processing order. Try again later.” A $3200 iMac disappears out of your checkout bag. Someone else took it out of your bag and paid before you did!!

Oct 2, 2020 2:56 AM in response to mauricefra47

Shipment landed in Manila Sept 30. Checked tracking status today. status is Clearance delay MANILA - PHILIPPINES.

Further clearance processing is required.

Next Step

A DHL representative shall attempt to contact importer or shipper if any further information is required to complete the entry. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL.

Apple site just states. Shipment delayed. The carrier is not able to deliver your item by the expected delivery date. Please use the "Track shipment" link for more information. See tracking status above.

Have emailed DHL Philippines with no reply for the past 24 hours.

Also emailed - Apple-related: Apple Key Account Support team: edgsg-express-apple-cse@dhl.com. Again still awaiting reply.

I know someboby will comment Apple nor Dhl is here. Just sharing my experience. May be this is a cautionary tale for potential Apple customers in the Philippines.

Oct 3, 2020 12:38 AM in response to mauricefra47

Update.

Saturday, October 03, 2020 at 14:10

Origin Service Area:

SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE

Next Step

The shipment is pending completion of customs inspection.

The status will be updated following customs inspection.

A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer if additional requirements are necessary.

Today Dhl agent writes : shipment arrived last Oct. 01, 2020

As of this writing, your shipment is still being evaluated by the Bureau of

Customs and there is no definite release date yet for your shipment.

Oct 4, 2020 7:17 PM in response to mauricefra47

Interesting point about the DHL wording "A DHL representative shall attempt " Cambridge Dictionary define attempt thus:

to try to do something, especially something difficult:. Question is how hard is the rep trying?

Is the rep well trained or equipped to do the job? A feeble attempt will not result in a good outcome. In this case the agent is not doing a good job as the shipment has been in customs facility for five days and yet to succeed.

Tracking status is still reading Clearance Delay!

Will keep you posted.

Long delivery time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.