Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4k

Two nights ago the apple 4K tv automatically updated to 14.0 18j386 and now the audio doesn’t work. I have had this setup for over a year working fine (and before that with another tv for several years, and before that with previous generation Apple TV) running the sound over Bluetooth to a pair of audio engine hd6 speakers. Since the update, the tv constantly loses connection to the speakers, particularly any time I switch apps, or there is a sleep interruption, but sometimes within an app too. If I try to reconnect through the settings menus it connects instantly, but is unusably out of synch (around 3/4 second or more). Usually switching the power to the speakers off and on will improve things, but lately it’s not working—there’s still a fractional second, albeit much shorter, lag.

I have tried using the iPhone feedback audio synch routine in settings but it simply won’t drive the Bluetooth speakers in that sequence (perversely, I can get it to synch the built in tv speaker, which of course is hardwired).

i assume I am toast until Apple releases a point update, but I’d love to hear another solution...

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple TV 4k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.