Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After 14.2 update, Bluetooth speaker does not auto connect when I power on my apple tv

Hi, I just updated my Apple TV to the latest software. I use my Apple TV with a computer monitor (that does not play audio) and a JBL Bluetooth speaker that is always plugged in. Before I updated, my speaker would automatically connect to my tv when I powered on. After the update, I have to connect it every time I turn the TV on. I’ve already tried setting my IP to manual. I have also reset and reconnected both the speaker and Apple TV and that did not work. I have also tried connecting it more quickly by holding the home button and looking at airplay devices, but because it is not initially connected my JBL does not display as an option. Is there anything else I can do to try helping this issue? Fixing the settings every time I turn on my tv is super frustrating, I would like to get it back to how it was before the update.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 12:50 PM

I just found this forum:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252007442

Just updated to beta 14.3 and they solved our issue!

2 replies

Nov 15, 2020 4:15 AM in response to Yikesaroni

I have the same issue using a Klipsh Bluetooth system which suggests this is a new generic problem. Interestingly I used my Powerbeats headphones recently and they did auto-reconnect to the AppleTV but they are an apple device and I understand they have a chip in them (like the AirPods) which aids with connection.

Come on Apple - this is an annoying bug, especially when you have already buried the Bluetooth connection menu so far down in the menu tree with no shortcuts and Siri isn’t able to help.... “Hey Siri, connect my Bluetooth Speaker!”

After 14.2 update, Bluetooth speaker does not auto connect when I power on my apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.