Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After 14.2 bluetooth speakers are disconnecting when Apple TV 4K goes to sleep

Before 14.2 update my Bluetooth speakers stayed connected to ATV when it goes to sleep, only time I needed to reconnect them through deep bluetooth menu is after tvOS updates, which is not big of a deal.

After 14.2 my speakers are disconnecting every time ATV goes to sleep. Now every time I turn back my ATV I need to go to the deep bluetooth menu to connect them back or manually press button on the speaker.

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 5:23 PM

I have a Samsung soundbar that used to stay connected to the ATV when put to sleep, but now, with tvOS 14.2 (immediately after updating), the soundbar disconnects when the ATV sleeps. SUPER ANNOYING! I have to go into settings every time I turn on the tv! Software update does nothing. I’ve tried restarting the ATV to see if it was just a glitch, but nothing is fixing it. Can we get an update to fix this?

Similar questions

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 5:23 PM in response to Swagphiling

I have a Samsung soundbar that used to stay connected to the ATV when put to sleep, but now, with tvOS 14.2 (immediately after updating), the soundbar disconnects when the ATV sleeps. SUPER ANNOYING! I have to go into settings every time I turn on the tv! Software update does nothing. I’ve tried restarting the ATV to see if it was just a glitch, but nothing is fixing it. Can we get an update to fix this?

Nov 7, 2020 6:18 AM in response to Swagphiling

I'd suggest you send feedback here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

tvOS 14+ has introduced som enew Airplay issues for me wheer the selected audio output is lost after say an episode plays.

It's a real chore to have to use control centre or other methods to reconnect, I'd rather the setting was permanent until changed.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/tv/atvb5f549664/tvos

Nov 16, 2020 8:20 PM in response to Swagphiling

The new sleep button on apple tv says “sleep: all connected devices”. I think that some how linked the sleep button to disconnecting bluetooth devices now. Either way this is a critical bug because my wife is now upset with me that everytime she turns on the tv the speakers wont work, and why cant we just use a normal tv.

Come on apple please release a fast fix for this.

Nov 18, 2020 12:34 PM in response to Swagphiling

As of this writing, the new update 14.3 is still not available. And I have pulled out every strand of hair off my head! (OK, not every single one.) I have provided this feedback to Apple:

"I'm reporting this as a problem because right now I need either 14.3 or a previous version from 14.2. It would be really nice if previous versions of the OS would be available if, in the event, there is an issue with the new software. In 14.2, my Bluetooth speaker will not stay connected whether I am using my Apple TV or not. It can ruin a good mood! Please make previous revisions of the OS available to consumers when they are needed. Thank you."

(I spoke to Apple and confirmed that previous versions of the OS are not available to us.)

Nov 19, 2020 12:55 PM in response to fivenote

I think I might have a workaround until the 14.3 update is available. When you lose the connection with your speaker, rather than reconnecting it in settings, go to the speaker and power off and then power it back on again. It should reconnect on its own. So far, today the connection has lasted a lot longer than usual. And yesterday it seemed to work as well. It will still disconnect after entering sleep mode, but at least it will last a while rather than it being a constant nuisance.

Post in this thread if you got it to work!

Dec 2, 2020 12:18 PM in response to Swagphiling

I had this issue even before the 14.2 update, but after the 14.2 update, Apple TV no longer recognises my bluetooth speakers as an audio output option. It can find them in the bluetooth pairing section, but I can't select them in the audio output section as the designated speakers to play sound through.

With the Netflix and Amazon Prime apps, it also does not recognise the built-in speakers of the TV (projector) as an audio source, and so I am unable to play any audio there. (Iplayer works OK with the built in speakers).

Dec 10, 2020 1:06 PM in response to Swagphiling

If anyone here is still have the connection issue try unpairing and then pairing your device again. I just started using my Bluetooth earphones on my ATV recently. I thought it was pretty dumb that I had to go into the system settings every time I wanted to use them. Searching for a solution brought me here. I didn't find one but I recall having a Bluetooth connection issue on my phone or computer once a long time ago and unpairing the device and pairing it again solved it as it did now with my ATV. Hope it works for others here.

Dec 15, 2020 6:23 AM in response to Swagphiling

Updated to version 14.3 and it seems to be partially fixed. My Apple TV 4K keeps disconnecting from my SoundCraft CS3 soundbar after a reboot. The soundbar is not visible in default audio output list even when connected. Apple, this and similar crap is happening not for the first time. When to disconnect a device is not your decision. If you make such a change, add settings and let the user decide when and what to disconnect or keep connection.

After 14.2 bluetooth speakers are disconnecting when Apple TV 4K goes to sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.