Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV no longer recognizes my Vizio soundbar via bluetooth

I did a software upgrade on my Apple TV hardware appliance, and immediately following the successful upgrade the Apple device no longer recognizes the bluetooth signal from my Vizio soundbar??? All troubleshooting steps did not work. Apple device seems like it received a signal or software update to intentionally block or not recognize the Vizio? The soundbar bluetooth works on all other devices (iPhone, Macs, etc)? Crazy! Ideas?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 3:39 AM

What model soundbar is this about? Does it have wired connectivity options? That will have better sound quality. And you wouldn’t have to re-connect it each time.

Bluetooth is one-on-one, and peer-to-peer. Verify that you have eliminated sources of interference (no obstructing (metal) items in between, no other strong radio signals in that band (e.g. cordless landline phone), no high wattage electrical appliances nearby (e.g. refrigerator, heater)). Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Bluetooth speakers should be paired in Settings, but connected (activated) in the Audio Access pane of Control Center. Access audio controls - Use tvOS Control Center on Apple TV - Apple TV user guide (tvOS) - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2021 3:39 AM in response to JMacabq

What model soundbar is this about? Does it have wired connectivity options? That will have better sound quality. And you wouldn’t have to re-connect it each time.

Bluetooth is one-on-one, and peer-to-peer. Verify that you have eliminated sources of interference (no obstructing (metal) items in between, no other strong radio signals in that band (e.g. cordless landline phone), no high wattage electrical appliances nearby (e.g. refrigerator, heater)). Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Bluetooth speakers should be paired in Settings, but connected (activated) in the Audio Access pane of Control Center. Access audio controls - Use tvOS Control Center on Apple TV - Apple TV user guide (tvOS) - Apple Support

Apple TV no longer recognizes my Vizio soundbar via bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.