Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4 bluetooth connection to Soundbar LG

Hi all,

After trying many times, I am being unable to pair via bluetooth an LG soundbar SH5 with the Apple TV4. Even when the Apple TV can find the sound bar as an available bluetooth device, I am getting an error message saying that the device is off or out of range every time I try to pair it.

The soundbar has built-in Bluetooth 4.0 and I have no problem at all to pair it with iphone or any other device. It is just impossible to pair with Apple TV 4.0.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 10:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 8:48 AM

Then it wouldn't be an issue with the Apple TV and rather that the soundbar is having trouble pairing with this device. You would need to refer to the manual for troubleshooting or contact the manufacturer if necessary.

5 replies

Dec 20, 2019 11:22 AM in response to leone261

The Apple TV also pairs perfectly fine with everything else, as you confirmed, so yes the issue would come back to the soundbar. It could very well be a limitation on the sound bar that prevents it from pairing with Apple TV for sound output, relying on a physical connection. You would need to consult with the manufacturer for clarification.

Apple TV 4 bluetooth connection to Soundbar LG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.