Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[1] Question about format of this forum: I don't see a listing of posts by other participants [2] Thanks

[1] Forums always (except this one) show a listing of posts by other participants organized by time and, for each post, showing number of views and number of comments.

When I posted a question, all I could see was my own post, and no other posts.

Is there something I should do to see other posts ? Or are posts being directly answered by Apple staff?

[2`] About 2 hours ago I asked for help with three problems on my iPhone, including the problem that it is not ringing when someone calls. Just now I discovered that all three problems are fixed. Thank you, whoever did this.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 10:13 AM

If you can post, then you can see replies and other posts. If you tap on the Communities header at the top of this page, you will see links to available forums and if you open one you will see the available posts. For a specific question, you won’t see anything other than your post until someone replies. Tap on My Subscriptions in the top menu to see posts in forums you have participated in. You may also find some useful information here: https://discussions.apple.com/community/using_apple_support_communities

I suspect your issues self-corrected. No one here could possibly have fixed your phone remotely.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 10:13 AM in response to boblite

If you can post, then you can see replies and other posts. If you tap on the Communities header at the top of this page, you will see links to available forums and if you open one you will see the available posts. For a specific question, you won’t see anything other than your post until someone replies. Tap on My Subscriptions in the top menu to see posts in forums you have participated in. You may also find some useful information here: https://discussions.apple.com/community/using_apple_support_communities

I suspect your issues self-corrected. No one here could possibly have fixed your phone remotely.

Sep 23, 2020 1:06 PM in response to boblite

Here’s a direct link to the ASC forums sitemap: https://discussions.apple.com/productsitemap.jspa

Bookmark or add that to favorites, if you prefer.

There’s no navigation available between the “firehose” and navigating the individual forums manually. Not if you want to avoid polluting your subscriptions list with fodder from the busiest forums, never to see threads you’ve replied to—not short of using search, and the search around here seemingly couldn’t find itself, if you spotted it the direct URL.

Sep 23, 2020 10:39 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Hi Kilgore T: Thanks much for the explanation.

However, (not your fault), I note that when I tap on the Communities header, I do not see a nice concise list of available sub-forums, in a compact textual form of the type used that wastes no time and is nice and transparent. Instead I am transported into a dreamy space occupied by a cloud of graphic images, and very little text, representing a plethora of possible rabbit holes to go down, when all I wanted was a nice simple set of words. I do loathe arty web designers who think their job is to charm us with pretty pictures, instead of concisely presenting useful information that allow one to get things done efficiently and quickly.

By the way, according to Wikipedia, I find that K. Trout is a notably unsuccessful author of paperback science fiction novels. I am very sorry to hear this, and wish you success with your next opus.

Sincerely

boblite

[1] Question about format of this forum: I don't see a listing of posts by other participants [2] Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.