Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a shortcut to Control Center (iOS 14, iPhone 11)

How can I add a custom shortcut I created, to the Control Center?

For instance, iOS 14 has a bug that putting on AirPods Pro doesn’t automatically switch the output to the headphones (i.e. while watching a YouTube video), and so I have to do it manually with so many steps. To mitigate this regression from 13.7, I’ve a shortcut which switches to AirPods Pro and I’d like to add it to Control Center so I can switch using a swipe + a tap.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 8:32 PM

Hello Mario49,

Unfortunately this article doesn’t help at all, because ... I want to add a shortcut, which I created, to Control Center. (The shortcut in question just re-routes all output to AirPods Pro, just by tapping on it. I’ve added it to my home screen but it is impossible to add it to Control Center.)

This is currently not possible.

Could the iOS team make it happen for 14.1?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 8:32 PM in response to mario49

Hello Mario49,

Unfortunately this article doesn’t help at all, because ... I want to add a shortcut, which I created, to Control Center. (The shortcut in question just re-routes all output to AirPods Pro, just by tapping on it. I’ve added it to my home screen but it is impossible to add it to Control Center.)

This is currently not possible.

Could the iOS team make it happen for 14.1?

Sep 29, 2020 6:01 PM in response to Lightspeed314

Hey Lightspeed314,

If we understand correctly, you want to add a shortcut to Control Center. This article explains what you can add to Control Center.

Access and customize Control Center on your iPhone and iPod touch

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Adding a shortcut to Control Center (iOS 14, iPhone 11)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.