Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the system lock pin code?

Have not used my old MacBook in a long time but want to use it for my sons online school work.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 10:04 PM

If you are seeing this screen:

you are being asked for a code to log in to your computer. This sounds like you have your computer set up on Find My. If you do not remember the passcode for this, you can turn off the Activation Lock from your iCloud account:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone
  3. Select your Mac from the Devices menu. 
  4. Select Unlock. After you follow the steps to verify your identity, you'll see the passcode that you need to unlock your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 10:04 PM in response to jennamarie114

If you are seeing this screen:

you are being asked for a code to log in to your computer. This sounds like you have your computer set up on Find My. If you do not remember the passcode for this, you can turn off the Activation Lock from your iCloud account:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone
  3. Select your Mac from the Devices menu. 
  4. Select Unlock. After you follow the steps to verify your identity, you'll see the passcode that you need to unlock your Mac.

Sep 23, 2020 12:48 PM in response to jennamarie114

Are you referring to the following screen?

If so, it is asking you for the firmware password for this notebook which was enabled sometime in the past. You would just need to enter that password to regain access to the notebook. If you forgot that password, you will need to make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for further assistance. Note that you will need to bring a copy of your original sales receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

How do I get the system lock pin code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.