Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble connecting to wifi

My Mac Book Pro has been having issues connection to Wifi networks. They are networks I used before and I have co workers next to me on the same network with their PC's and Mac's not having any issues but mine is saying connected to network but no internet access. It has even started it on my home network. HELP!!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 6:15 PM

Can you confirm that you are seeing and connecting to an SSID with the WiFi icon with multiple black "bars", but are unable to see any websites?

Try creating a new Network Location.

Try creating a new admin user account, log into the new user account and try connecting to WiFi.

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if you can get online.

Are you using any anti-virus software, third party security apps or VPNs, or proxies which may interfere with your network connections?

Run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 6:15 PM in response to tobymac98

Can you confirm that you are seeing and connecting to an SSID with the WiFi icon with multiple black "bars", but are unable to see any websites?

Try creating a new Network Location.

Try creating a new admin user account, log into the new user account and try connecting to WiFi.

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if you can get online.

Are you using any anti-virus software, third party security apps or VPNs, or proxies which may interfere with your network connections?

Run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Having trouble connecting to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.