Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to turn off "private address" from Apple Watch

under the new WatchOS 7, after I tapped on the connected WiFi, I can see there is an option to turn off the new option, "private address", no matter how many times I tried to turn it off, I only can see "SCANNING*" from the screen and then returned to normal watch face with the option "on" again...

I want to turn it off because I couldn't use my watch to unlock my MacBook anymore after I installed the WatchOS 7.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 8:56 AM

Hello Kevin.cheng.kw.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are having some trouble with disconnecting from a Wi-Fi network. We will be glad to assist. Let's try forgetting the network as shown below from this resource:

Connect your Apple Watch to Wi-Fi

1. "Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
  2. Tap Wi-Fi, then tap the name of the network you’re connected to.
  3. Tap Forget This Network."

Cheers.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2020 8:56 AM in response to kevin.cheng.kw

Hello Kevin.cheng.kw.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are having some trouble with disconnecting from a Wi-Fi network. We will be glad to assist. Let's try forgetting the network as shown below from this resource:

Connect your Apple Watch to Wi-Fi

1. "Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
  2. Tap Wi-Fi, then tap the name of the network you’re connected to.
  3. Tap Forget This Network."

Cheers.

unable to turn off "private address" from Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.