Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet connectivity

I keep losing my internet connection. I keep getting a message which says ‘weak security on my iPad when I connect, I don’t know why. Can you help?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 3:15 PM

Subsequent to update to iPadOS14, your iPad is now better able to [warn] bring to your attention security deficiencies of your WiFi network and iPad settings. Your iPad now has more advanced capabilities in context of identifying and alerting you to potential network security issues.

This support page will describe the more secure (recommended) settings for WiFi:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points – Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 3:15 PM in response to siwel123-Ap

Subsequent to update to iPadOS14, your iPad is now better able to [warn] bring to your attention security deficiencies of your WiFi network and iPad settings. Your iPad now has more advanced capabilities in context of identifying and alerting you to potential network security issues.

This support page will describe the more secure (recommended) settings for WiFi:

Sep 24, 2020 8:11 AM in response to siwel123-Ap

Your iPad is no less secure today than it was prior to the update to iPadOS14. However, your iPad is now better able to [warn] bring to your attention security deficiencies of your WiFi network and iPad settings - as it now has more advanced capabilities in context of identifying and alerting you to potential network security issues.

Whist you are wise in paying attention to the warning - and you should indeed endeavour to improve the security of the WiFi connection - you very likely have no immediate cause for concern unless all security has been disabled.

As previously stated, this support page will describe the more secure (recommended) settings for WiFi:

Your ISP should, as a minimum, provide online resources that explain how to set-up and configure your WiFi Router. If your ISP cannot provide adequate help and support, perhaps you should consider changing to an alternative service provider.

Have tried looking at the Talk Talk support communities - and asking for help?

Internet connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.