Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does mine say security weak

Why does my phone say my internet is weak when it connects

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 1:24 PM

This is not a comment on the strength of your wifi connection, but rather the strength of your wifi's password. You need to check your router security setting to make sure it’s WPA2 (AES). It is the latest security protocol. If you’re not sure how to do that, call your internet provider and ask what it currently is, and have them change it if not.

Just to be clear, if your router is not set to WPA2 (AES) or WPA3 it has ALWAYS been insecure; you just didn’t know it was insecure until iOS 14 checked it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2021 1:24 PM in response to Sn4491ck67

This is not a comment on the strength of your wifi connection, but rather the strength of your wifi's password. You need to check your router security setting to make sure it’s WPA2 (AES). It is the latest security protocol. If you’re not sure how to do that, call your internet provider and ask what it currently is, and have them change it if not.

Just to be clear, if your router is not set to WPA2 (AES) or WPA3 it has ALWAYS been insecure; you just didn’t know it was insecure until iOS 14 checked it.

Why does mine say security weak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.