Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music opens by itself when using bluetooth / airplay Amplifier..

Whenever I connect to my external Bluetooth audio source (Powernode 2i) and play something Catalina decides that it needs to open Music.app - regardless of the audio source. It could be YouTube, even Slack audio notifications make it open!

This is really irritating since I don't use, nor wish to use Music. If I quit Music then the next time the computer plays a sound (from any app) Music opens itself again. c'mon really?

I have noticed that while Music is running, pushing Play etc on the Powernode 2i amp actually controls the Music app, skip track etc. I don't think the Powernode 2i is telling Catalina to open Music though. I suspect its something to do with Airplay getting excited and launching Music, ready for me to drink my dose of Apple Kool-aid.

Music is hijacking my experience with audio on my machine. This warrants a look by Apple - why does Music have its hooks into the audio bluetooth / airplay subsystem. It works fine without Music running!

Likewise there should be a Preference to replace Music with your own preferred Audio application, much like a default Browser or Mail client.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 10:37 AM

Greetings, chriskuta.

It appears that you're having a problem using your Bluesound Powernode 2i with your Mac Pro on macOS Catalina. When you connect it with your Mac, the Music application opens no matter what you're trying to play. We're glad to help with this.

N225_usb_stick_3.10.3 - Bluesound -- Please make sure that the firmware for your Powernode 2i is up to date. Bluesound currently lists the latest firmware version as 3.10.3.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support -- If the issue persists, create a new admin user account, and see if the Music app opens when your Mac is connected with your Powernode 2i. If it does, apply the steps below:

Install any available updates for your Apple software and third-party apps

If updating your software doesn't help, try any of these solutions:

• Test your login items
  • Unplug all accessories from your Mac, including printers, drives, USB hubs, and other nonessential devices. You could have an issue with one or more of those devices or their cables.
  • Reinstall macOS.

Let us know how that goes.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2020 10:37 AM in response to chriskuta

Greetings, chriskuta.

It appears that you're having a problem using your Bluesound Powernode 2i with your Mac Pro on macOS Catalina. When you connect it with your Mac, the Music application opens no matter what you're trying to play. We're glad to help with this.

N225_usb_stick_3.10.3 - Bluesound -- Please make sure that the firmware for your Powernode 2i is up to date. Bluesound currently lists the latest firmware version as 3.10.3.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support -- If the issue persists, create a new admin user account, and see if the Music app opens when your Mac is connected with your Powernode 2i. If it does, apply the steps below:

Install any available updates for your Apple software and third-party apps

If updating your software doesn't help, try any of these solutions:

• Test your login items
  • Unplug all accessories from your Mac, including printers, drives, USB hubs, and other nonessential devices. You could have an issue with one or more of those devices or their cables.
  • Reinstall macOS.

Let us know how that goes.

Take care.

Oct 18, 2020 4:12 PM in response to SnickZ.

Thanks for the reply.

I created a new admin user and using this account, iTunes (Music) doesn't open up randomly when I connect to the Powenode via Bluetooth.

Is this because the Music app isn't setup yet on the new account?

How can I "reset" out my current admin users configuration or settings so that I get the same result above, but not have to completely setup a new user?

Chris

Music opens by itself when using bluetooth / airplay Amplifier..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.