Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes stored in iCloud not accessible on iPhone

I have updated to iOS14 and my notes stored in iCloud are no longer accessible on my iPhone. I can access the notes on my MacBook and iCloud.com, so the notes are there. I have deleted the notes app, turned off phone and then re-installed when turned back on. When I go to the notes app in settings, the only option in the Default Account field is On My iPhone, iCloud is missing. When I leave that option blank, and open the app notes, it tells me I need to upgrade but then offers no option to upgrade. I don't understand why iCloud is not an option to select, which is what I need to see my notes stored in the cloud.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 5:42 PM

5 replies

Sep 24, 2020 12:42 PM in response to zinacef

Yes, the app is displayed there and it's set to store in the cloud. Yet, when I open the notes app, I do not see my notes that are stored in the cloud. I can see them on my MacBook and iCloud.com.

When I open the notes app in Settings, the only option available is for Default Account is On My IPhone. The option to select iCloud is not there so I can't select to then see my notes stored in the cloud on my phone in the notes app. I don't understand why that option is not available. I have 3 other Apple devices, where this is not an issue. I have an iPhone X. This happened after I installed the iOS 14 update. I just did another update hoping it would fix it. But it did not.

I have turned off notes to sync to the cloud on my phone, but after I turn off, it says it will delete messages on my phone and once I confirm. It turns the sync right back on.

Notes stored in iCloud not accessible on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.