Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Pages for Mac

We have never used Pages, opting instead of other softwares: Creative Cloud, Word, etc. New client sent documents in Pages. I'm running High Sierra and realized that the Pages we have is 4.1. I can't update to the latest because I need 10.15 or higher. How can I upgrade Pages to something higher if not most current? And is there a place I can download from the Internet that is reputable and safe?

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 7:11 PM

You need Catalina to run the latest Pages, and if your machine can run it, you can just get it from the App Store. So unless there's a specific reason you're still running High Sierra, just update the OS to Catalina. It's very stable by now.

2 replies

Sep 24, 2020 8:14 AM in response to LPB2020

Your only option is to sign into iCloud dot com, launch Pages for iCloud, and access that newer Pages document from there. Then you can download as a Word document, or even a PDF. The latter, if you are using Word 16.31 or later for Mac, can be converted to a Word document from the PDF.

Or plan B, request the Pages document be resent as a Word .docx format to avoid the first paragraph.

Old Pages for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.