Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Change Game Center Email Address

Good Day,

I hope someone can help me.

I have a Apple ID & different Game Center ID. So my problem is with Game Center, I registered for Game Center with a work email address & have since left the company and no longer have access to that email address.

Is there a way to change the Game Center email address and still retain my game data, I play a few games that are linked to my Game Center so if I use a new Game Center profile I loose my progress. To be clear I want to keep my game progress and change only My Game Center email not my Apple ID. I’m just worried that if I ever forget the password for Game Center I won’t be able to recover it because I can’t access the work email anymore.

Thanks

Anthony

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 10:40 AM

Log into the email address in use within Game Center at iCloud.com; I’d expect that email address is an Apple ID.

Apple seldom uses “random” email addresses, the email addresses are associated with Apple IDs.

Here is the how-to-create Use Game Center to play with friends - Apple Support which indicates an Apple ID...

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2020 10:40 AM in response to StokesiPhone

Log into the email address in use within Game Center at iCloud.com; I’d expect that email address is an Apple ID.

Apple seldom uses “random” email addresses, the email addresses are associated with Apple IDs.

Here is the how-to-create Use Game Center to play with friends - Apple Support which indicates an Apple ID...

Sep 28, 2020 10:50 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

Yes I can log out of Game Center and login with another Game Center account, My challenge is if I do that then all my game’s linked to Game Center loose the progress.

I play a game called lords mobile and on my current Game Center I have a 500 mill might castle if I change Game Center it resets the game to a brand new 0 might Castle, if that makes sense.

Sep 28, 2020 10:22 AM in response to MrHoffman

Hi Mr Hoffman,

Thank you kindly for the reply. I have looked through the link and it doesn’t show anything about “Game Center” email address.

I have my Apple ID linked to my gmail account which is fine but my “Game Center” is a totally different email address which was my old work email address. If I change that email and login with my main Apple ID email I loose all my game data.

So what I’m trying to do is change only the “Game Center” email either to my Apple ID email or I can create a new gmail for it. I’m just worried that if I log out of Game Center & forget the password I won’t be able to recover it as my work email no longer exists and I don’t have access to it at all. The company has already deleted that email address from all their servers.

So basically I have an Apple ID with a gmail account which I use for purchases & app downloads and then a different Game Center account which is linked to a old work email address.

Im not sure if I’m missing something in the link you attached but as I mentioned I didn’t see anything about Game Center email.

Thank you for the reply and help.

Kindest Regards

Anthony

Oct 1, 2020 9:58 AM in response to MrHoffman

Hi,

Thank you again for the help... I managed to finally get online and sort it out. I went to Appleid.Apple.com and logged in with the Game Center email. I couldn’t merge it to my existing Apple ID but was able to create a new gmail & change it to that. So I still have 2 emails, 1 for Main Apple ID and one for Game Center but I changed the Game Center email and lost no game progress.

thank you again

Sep 28, 2020 12:19 PM in response to StokesiPhone

If the work email address was an Apple ID, you can change the existing email address on an Apple ID and it should retain all data and purchases. That may allow you to use the changed ID and retain the games data.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

How to Change Game Center Email Address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.