Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the app names back to white, they turned black after the update?

How do I change the names of the apps back to white words, vs black that came after the update.

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 9:39 AM

I got on with Apple, and the solution for anyone else who has this issue....

change your wallpaper. I had a light green one, so it was automatically changing it to black because it wanted me to see it better. After changing the wallpaper to a dark one, it changed the app names back to white. I changed it to a lighter wallpaper and it stayed white, and then back to my original picture...and it worked!! Apple support is great!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 9:39 AM in response to ZintainUSA

I got on with Apple, and the solution for anyone else who has this issue....

change your wallpaper. I had a light green one, so it was automatically changing it to black because it wanted me to see it better. After changing the wallpaper to a dark one, it changed the app names back to white. I changed it to a lighter wallpaper and it stayed white, and then back to my original picture...and it worked!! Apple support is great!

Sep 23, 2020 10:35 PM in response to ZintainUSA

thanks for your help. That’s not my problem. I went and checked that, it wasn’t selected. It made my whole screen a weird color when I selected it. I’m wondering how to change the app names that are black, back to white. Which is what I had before. Like pictured below the apps in this photo. I can’t seem to find that option anywhere.

How do I change the app names back to white, they turned black after the update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.