Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 GPS

Hi,

I'm having issues with the GPS on my watch. I like to run and the GPS usually tracks the run and records the routes, all has been fine until last Saturday. It records the distance of the run but not on the map?

I've reset the watch, set up as new and have the latest software update.

Location services etc are all on - I'm finding it really frustrating!

Anyone else have a solution to this?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 5:54 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 24, 2020 6:55 AM in response to AJones_WV41

This was the fix for me...

Activities not recording GPS data (after watchOS 7 upgrade) 

Resolution: I too had this problem. The resolution was not ideal but it worked for me. With Apple Support assistance:

1. Unpaired the Watch from iPhone
  2. Erased iPhone (make sure all your data, including Health data is backed up first)
  3. Restored from Backup (iPhone)
  4. Restored from Backup (Watch)

Sep 24, 2020 7:55 AM in response to AJones_WV41

Everything except the rides I did while it was messed up. I can live with that. I did a ride last night after going though the full wipe and restore on both watch and iphone and it worked as it should (phew!). I think the key is the full wipe (Erase All Content and Settings) and restore of the iPhone. Just make sure everything is backed up including all of your health data. I backup to iCloud it was pretty painless restoring.

Apple Watch series 3 GPS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.