Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a generation 6 iPad. I’m trying to download pics/videos from my new spy tech sq12 mini camera. I have the usb-3 camera Adapter but cannot get anything. Don’t have import on my photos. Not sure what to do next. Please help. Thanks

Trying to down load pics/videos from my sq12 spy tech camera on my gen 6 iPad. Have the usb-3 lightning adapter but can’t seem to download. No import on my photos. Help

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 9:34 AM

Determine which iPad you have, as that determines what connectors are in use and which adapters fit.

With iPad Pro, that’s usually either the Lightning connector, or the USB-C connector.

On recent iPadOS versions, the model is shown with Settings > General > About > Model name

iPad Pro 9.7” has a Lightning connector, which means you will likely be using the Apple Lightning camera kit adapter.

Whether the camera works with that camera kit adapter (it’s a common adapter), you will want to discuss with the camera vendor.

USB 2 and USB 3 are typically compatible.

Check for a firmware update from the camera vendor. Apply the newest firmware version, if you don’t already have that loaded into your camera.

And check with the camera vendor support staff, as they’ll be p]better positioned to discuss compatibility of their camera with iPad.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 9:34 AM in response to 0uTnumbered

Determine which iPad you have, as that determines what connectors are in use and which adapters fit.

With iPad Pro, that’s usually either the Lightning connector, or the USB-C connector.

On recent iPadOS versions, the model is shown with Settings > General > About > Model name

iPad Pro 9.7” has a Lightning connector, which means you will likely be using the Apple Lightning camera kit adapter.

Whether the camera works with that camera kit adapter (it’s a common adapter), you will want to discuss with the camera vendor.

USB 2 and USB 3 are typically compatible.

Check for a firmware update from the camera vendor. Apply the newest firmware version, if you don’t already have that loaded into your camera.

And check with the camera vendor support staff, as they’ll be p]better positioned to discuss compatibility of their camera with iPad.

I have a generation 6 iPad. I’m trying to download pics/videos from my new spy tech sq12 mini camera. I have the usb-3 camera Adapter but cannot get anything. Don’t have import on my photos. Not sure what to do next. Please help. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.