Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness app and Health app not syncing with the same steps..

Since the new update my steps are not syncing with the fitness app and health app. The steps always matched up. Now the health app is way less because I don't carry my phone I only wear my watch.

Prior to the last update the steps always synced up on both the activity and health app to the highest step count.

Help... my work requires I walk and it automatically updates through an app but it is pulling on the low number.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 3:15 AM

I have had problems with the activity/fitness app not syncing - I chatted with Apple and had to unpair watch and phone and the re-pair. No change and now watch faces won’t sync so what I actually have and what it thinks I have are different. I did the 14.0.1 update and that’s no better. I’m getting frustrated. Apple seemed to think that unpairing both devices would fix the problem but lots of people are having the same issues. I don’t want to keep switch g my phone on and off to fix things.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 3:15 AM in response to tamifromlenexa

I have had problems with the activity/fitness app not syncing - I chatted with Apple and had to unpair watch and phone and the re-pair. No change and now watch faces won’t sync so what I actually have and what it thinks I have are different. I did the 14.0.1 update and that’s no better. I’m getting frustrated. Apple seemed to think that unpairing both devices would fix the problem but lots of people are having the same issues. I don’t want to keep switch g my phone on and off to fix things.

Sep 29, 2020 2:54 AM in response to Pigeon2020

I've the same issue, going thru with apple support they advised

1. unpair your watch
  2. do a backup to icloud
  3. reset your iphone to factory
  4. restore backup from icloud
  5. re-pair your iwatch

It start to sync between iwatch & iphone but 3-party apps still cannot sync to health app.

I strongly believe ios14.0.1 still got bugs issues & waiting for next update.

Fitness app and Health app not syncing with the same steps..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.