Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Update Apple Apps on new MacBook

Recently purchased a new MacBook Air (2020) and the Apple Apps pre-installed (Keynote, Pages, Numbers, Garageband) won't update under my account with an error stating: Pages cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID. Help would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 12:28 PM

Welcome, , to Apple Support Communities!

We see that you are having some trouble updating preinstalled Apps on your new MacBook.

We should be able to help with that!

We understand how this can be a bit unintuitive, and even somewhat “tricky” for users. (I had some similar difficulty, at first, with a new Mac mini, a few months ago.)

Please check out the document Get updates for preinstalled apps on Mac - Apple Support.

It does a better job than I have been able to, on my own.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 12:28 PM in response to Kenny4jsu

Welcome, , to Apple Support Communities!

We see that you are having some trouble updating preinstalled Apps on your new MacBook.

We should be able to help with that!

We understand how this can be a bit unintuitive, and even somewhat “tricky” for users. (I had some similar difficulty, at first, with a new Mac mini, a few months ago.)

Please check out the document Get updates for preinstalled apps on Mac - Apple Support.

It does a better job than I have been able to, on my own.

Can't Update Apple Apps on new MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.